In a spirit of solidarity, the IMS seeks people’s best protection according to the standard of living and the cost of healthcare in each country. That is why the IMS offers several contribution options, each providing a different level of assistance.
Each group (the actual member) pays an annual contribution, regardless of the option it has chosen for its members.
The person with canonical responsibility then chooses the individual options that will be applied to each individual member.
options 1 and 2
Options 1 and 2 are international. Assistance is greater for Option 2.
Option 3 is a waiting position which means that it for members who have a basic scheme in their mission country but who need to travel to an Option 1 country (travel, leave) and this option ensures they are covered. See details by downloading the Services Guide
options 4 and 5
Example 1: a sister registered in Ivory Coast (Area B) can receive care in her area and in any country in the lower areas. She is therefore covered in the countries of areas B, C, D and E (but not in areas A++, A+, A and B+).
Example 2 : a brother residing in Ivory Coast (B) who has chosen to contribute to Area A (after selecting Bolivia for example) will be able to receive care in all countries of areas A, B+, B, C, D and E (but not in areas A++ and A+).
- Option 5 is for minimal assistance to cover medical and surgical hospitalisation expenses (consultation, surgery and pharmacy relating to these procedures). It can be chosen in all countries where Option 4 is applicable.
There is no age limit. However, from the age of 65, the duration of participation in the
hospitalization may not exceed six months for the same condition.
The aid paid depends on the country of attachment and the option chosen (see page 14 and 15)
Each Group pays an annual contribution, whatever option it has chosen for its members.
6-month waiting period :
- for the re-registration of a party member that was registered before, but that for no particular reason left the membership previously. (E.g.: a group decides to leave IMS, with no reason, but after some time decided to re-register: the group will be accepted, but first has to pay for the registration and wait for 6 months before receiving any benefits)
- for the subscription of a member from a community that already was member of the IMS (if his non-subscription is not justified)
No waiting period :
- for the collective membership of a religious institute, Diocese or association of the faithful
- for the membership of a new member
Contributions are reduced for children of lay associates who are part of an IMS-member community, while they are dependent on their parents:
- Option 2 : 60 % of the adult contribution per child
- Other Options : 50 % of the adult contribution per child
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION ABOUT THESE OPTIONS ?
YOU WANT TO JOIN THE IMS ?
- Contact a local section or directly the Central office.
- Learn more about assistance depending on the option.